Scent can easily be regarded as one of the most important human senses. We have so many amazing things around us to marvel at. To be able to sense the scent of crispy fall leaves and that floral aroma of a spring breeze is just something that falls above human explanation. Home fragrances, especially Yankee candle scents, are also a department that is running successfully at the current time.
Today we will be providing an in-depth analysis of the Yankee candle scent-one of the most prominent leading brand in house fragrances.
A look back in time
Yankee candle is an extension of a family affair that started in the year 1977. Today’s magnum opus brand all its profit to a 16-year-old who unknowingly started this chain while making a birthday present for her mom. The neighbor took a peek and was interested in buying, so that provided the 16-year-old with enough money to make one for herself and one for her mother.
This Christmas gift and the sweet intention behind it is what laid the foundation of a sensational brand that is a household name in the current scenario.
Here’s why Yankee candles smell so good
People often compare Yankee candles with the rest of the candle scents that are available. So the question that easily pops into one’s mind that “Are they worthy of the hype” has been circulating for quite some time. The answer to this question is affirmative. Yankee Candles are worth all the money that you spent in the buying process. So let us provide you with a detailed analysis of whether or not you should spend your valuable money on buying these expensive scents.
Yankee candles look gorgeous, burn clean, and are toxins-free
So in recent times, more and more people are becoming concerned about whether they are using the right materials or are they just burning toxins. Yankee candle scents are extremely popular in the modern time frame because of the usage of quality and high-grade ingredients, brilliant colors, and strong candle scents that are unbeatable in the entire market.
Even though in recent years there has been a market buzz that some of the candle scents contain cancerous toxins, but it is just a fast claim and nothing else. There is no legal requirement by the state that the company has to reveal its secret ingredients. But according to the researchers, the lead culprit in these case scenarios are actually paraffin wax, burning fragrance oil, and the main one is the use of leaded wicks.
Customers can only have a right idea if we were to conduct a comparative analysis that includes the information gathered from The Environmental Protection Agency, The National Candle Association, and of course, The Yankee Candle Company.
So, according to the guidelines of EPA, this is what is not allowed
And, the customers should be aware of this:
1. If you are to burn the candles with wicks that contain trace amounts of lead. It causes an increase in the indoor concentration of lead, which exceeds the EPA guidelines.
2. The sooty residue that is left behind by the candle after it has been burned can include serious toxins such as benzene and toluene. Benzene is notorious because of its cancer-causing. If we were to inhale toluene, it disrupts the workings of our Central Nervous System.
3. It is also important to raise awareness among the public about the fact that the usage of scented candles produces more soot than non-scented ones. Thus it can lead to an increased amount of toxin production.
So following the guidelines, this is what the Yankee Candles Co., do:
1. Yankee candle scents strongly discourage the use of lead wicks.
2. The wicks that these companies use for their candle scents are made up of pure cotton, and the use of pure cotton is highly advertised.
3. The company only uses refined paraffin wax in its scented candles.
Here’s what the National Candle Association says about candle scents
National Candle Association is a dedicated government organization that has been keeping an eye on the US candle-making industry. More than 90% of the candle-making industry is associated with this organization, and Yankee candle scents are one of them.
So the information that this organization has provided states the following:
1. Refined paraffin wax is highly safe to use because it is a non-toxic compound that has been approved by the USDA. It can also be used in food products as well as in cosmetics and has certain medicinal applications.
2. The soot produced by the burning of a scented candle does have a carbon content. But it is not toxic or contains a high range of pollutants that are present in the soot of burning coal. In its entirety, it is high on the similarity graph with the soot that is produced by a kitchen toaster.
3. Customers can also be allergic to certain natural scents; thus, the NCA members who have signed the pledge know that they are committing to use only the candle smells that have been approved safe.
4. The possibility of an allergic reaction leading to asthma is always there. That is why the use of a customer’s favorite scents can activate a trigger reaction such as asthma.
5. Although lead wicks have been banned since 2003, the NCA members voluntarily agreed not to use these lead wicks in their candles anymore.
Reviews for favorite Yankee candle scents
Now that we’re relieved to know that the Yankee Candles are one of the cleanest burning candles, let’s us now get into the reviews of our favorite Yankee candle scents we have shortlisted for you:
Yankee Candle Large Jar Candle Home Sweet Home
Home Sweet Home candle jar does not only promises refreshment but also brings relaxing candle smells to your doorstep. This jar of Yankee candle contains a healing aroma that is sure to bring comfort to you the moment you step inside your lodgings.
The sensation of this aromatic experience is nothing short of a Wood’s Worth description. These fan-favorite scents are sure to reminisce you the vintage and old memories of crisp warm winters and the fragrance of freshly baked Christmas cookies.
These Yankee candles scents last between 110-150 hours. Apart from them being highly efficient, these candle smells are sure to bring a sense of stylized comfort to your house. You can place it anywhere in your house; they are sure to up the overall vibe of the place. This Large Jar Home Sweet Home is a treat for your house or a perfect housewarming gift for your acquaintance.
Yankee Candle Large Jar Candle Balsam & Cedar
Also known as an iconic forest blend. The Yankee candle jar of Balsam and Cedar brings the experience of forests and natural crisp to your home ambiance. This woody candle smell is one for all those who wish to make sure that they are in connection with nature. Yankee candle scents always thrive on bringing on nothing but the best for their customers.
The notes of fragrance that are an essential part of this balsamic scent are:
- Crisp Citrus
- Pine Balsam
- Red Berry
- Warm Amber
The initial impression of the fragrance is all because of the top note. The top note is of Crisp citrus, herbs, and red berry. The task of the middle note is to make up the main body of the whole scents. Pine Balsam, cedar, and sandalwood constitute the middle note of this Yankee candle scent. Last but not least, a base is a final and long-lasting impression of candle smell. The base in this one comprises vanilla, warm amber, and musk.
The product specifications are as follows:
1. The usage of high brand quality ingredients makes the natural experience more convincing.
2. The wax is made up of premium-grade paraffin.
3. The estimated burn time for this natural fragrance is 110-150 hours.
All in all, it is a spicy scent to ooze up the level of the ambiance of your household.
Yankee Candle Vanilla Cupcake Large Jar Candle
In a glass jar of Yankee candle scents comes a promise of warmth and old school memories ofo childhood. The fan-favorite scents encapsulate the creamy, rich aroma of vanilla cupcakes with a hint of lemon and are topped with lots of buttering icing. For all those who have a thing for tasty treats, this one is sure to bring back the memories of the school cafeteria or cold summer morning.
Not only is this popular among kids this candle smell is equally adored by the adult group as well. Light this one up in your house and enjoy the aroma of being cozy and, of course, one that puts you in a light mode of baking.
These Yankee candle scents are rich with a feeling of being at home that is relaxing and highly inviting. These candles can burn from 110-150 hours. It also contains a high-grade paraffin wax that promises to deliver a clear and consistent aroma for longer hours. Moreover, this jar is hundred percent recyclable.
Yankee Candle Large Jar Candle Lilac Blossoms
In a season’s worth of remembering moments and making the most out of them, these Yankee candle scents are sure to bring a sense of warmth and remembrance to your household. At 22 oz, these long-lasting fragrances remind you what the smell of home is. They not only bring healing and comfort on lazy Saturdays, but you can also use them to up the overall vibe of your dinner parties.
Furthermore, these candle smells like there are large fields of lavender lined with deep purple lilacs and topped with white lavenders. You can use it in any room of your house, be it the bedrooms or bathroom or even in your dining rooms.
Like all the other Yankee candle scents, these aromatic delights are also made up of high-quality paraffin. They are straightened by hands to ensure first-hand quality fragrances that are loved and adored equally by all.
Yankee Candle Fresh Cut Roses Large Jar Candle
Make sure to bring the fragrance of an English Garden to your own home. These intoxicating candle smells are one for the ages as they bring all the real-life fragrances of fresh roses one step close to the warmth of your house. It does not matter if the season of roses is in or not; you can enjoy these lovely Yankee candle scents that bring the spring in bloom to your rooms. Try to breathe these lively floral scents that make you reminisce the alluring essence of fresh roses.
The burning time of these scents is estimated to be around 110-150 hours. These candle smells are a perfect blend of nature and royalty and are an impeccable gift for a close friend.
Yankee Candle Red Apple Wreath Large Jar Candle
Ever wondered about capturing the Christmas joy in a bottle? Well, you do not have to do it anymore because Yankee Candle scents have done it for you. This festive candle smell brings back the sensation of candies, crisp winter evenings as well as a feeling of content.
The fragrance notes of this one of its kind scents have the tangy taste of apple, topped with the sweetness of cinnamon and walnuts in collective joy. All this is accompanied by the best-selling scent of maple. These fan-favorite scents work in close harmony to reignite the Christmas spirits when the joy lingers in the autumn wreath.
Like all the other high-quality scents, these soy candle smells burn for about 110-150 hours. Whether you want to take these scented treats to your ancestral house or it is for a sister’s Christmas party, the uses of this Yankee Candle Scents are various and diverse.
Yankee Candle Large Jar Candle Mediterranean Breeze
An iconic candle scent that is a safe choice for any occasion. This Yankee candle scent is sure to take you out on a trip to the Mediterranean Sea.
Citrus, oakmoss, and driftwood, what more do you want! A sure candle scent that is loved by all. This fresh scent is sure to bring a sense of joy and comfort after a long and demanding day.
Yankee Candle Angel’s Wings Medium Jar Candle
A majestic addition of scents for your holiday favorite scents collection. This scent is clearly a winner for the holy preparations. A classic Yankee Candle Scent that is one for the books and is an ultimate customer’s favorite. With an impressive burning rate of 110-160 hours, they will calm your inflamed nerves and will bring peace to your soul.
The jar also reflects a sense of comforting style that makes you feel at home. The fragrance note breakdown of this majestic candle smell is as follows:
- Glazed caramel
- Sheer Muguet
- Sugared marshmallow
- Sweet jasmine petals
- Vanilla bean
- White musk
- Creamy amber
- Malted vanilla
YANKEE CANDLE All is Bright Large Jar Candle, White
In the season of holidays and family gatherings, after all the decoration, what is the one thing that is missing from the perfect conclusion? That missing link is Yankee Candle Scents of All is Bright.
This sensational favorite smell of Yankee candles brings a stunning conclusion to all the decorations that you have done on your back. This friendly scent brings back all the necessary moments and is composed of
- Sweet musk
With a burn time of 110-150 hours, this one is the perfect candle smell for this holiday season.
Make the most out of your Yankee candle scents
In case you are wondering about the ways you can enjoy the benefits of candle scents that linger in your accommodation for a longer period. Here are some tips for enjoying your favorite scents without the fear of toxins or pollutants:
- Try trimming your candle wick to 3mm before you decide to light up a candle.
- You should also put an effort to minimize the amount of candle wax that appears on the sides of a jar by making sure that you burn the candle for only 3 hours at a time.
- Try to burn only one candle at a time.
- Refrain from burning any candle for more than 3 hours at a time.
- You should try to use a candle warmer rather than using lighting a wick.
An important and note-worthy thing here is that the candles that are made up of soy are not in any shape or form petroleum-based. They are also notable for creating less soot when compared with their paraffin counterparts. Natural bee wax is a really noble compound, and when it is present in candles, it makes them 100% toxin-free.
Reuse your Yankee candle jar
Can you reuse your Yankee candle jars? Well, this is the most asked question by the sworn customers of Yankee Candles. They often seem to wonder whether they can reuse a candle jar or they should just give up on them.
It is to inform them and you all readers that Yankee candles have an established reputation in the market, and with them being this famous comes to an additional sense of responsibility. They have already established a system for this. That is known as an ‘A Drop-Off Recycling Program”. For this, you just have to safely bring the jar back, and you can even receive a five-dollar coupon on every jar that you bring.
But currently, only 25 locations are offering this program, so make sure to explore other options if you are not in the vicinity.
Alternatively, you can repurpose your old Yankee candle jars in the following ways:
- Try to add a tea light and level up your house vibe
- You can even transform them into stylized liquor glass
- Make your candle jar a perfect place for your pencils and pens
- You can make it a place for all the spare change so that you do not lose your coins
- Candle jars are one of the perfect candidates for candy jars.
- The right place for your toothbrush and toothpaste.
- You can also customize your candle jars so that they can become a cute place for your plants.
- Used candle jars are good to go place for keeping all your cute lip balms in place so that you do not have to find them every once in a while.
- Replace your expensive mason jars with these wonderful jars.
- A safe place for all your bobby pins.
Fragrances lift the vibe of your houses. Candle smells and especially quality aroma can boost the overall house vibe. Do not shy away from making the best decision on your favorite scent from the above-mentioned information. Use these Yankee candle scents and enjoy the perks of a relaxing and comforting experience in your own accommodation.